How to Clean Your Garage Door
A clean garage door can make your whole house shine. If you have such a beautifully crafted garage door, why not show it off in all its glory? Things happen, over time your overhead door will accumulate dirt and other unsightly blemishes. It’s always a good idea to clean your garage door every couple of months at least, but how do you clean it properly? Here are a few tips.
- use dish soap or other detergents with less than .5 percent phosphate
- rinse with a hose or pale of water
- make sure to get the conveyor and weather stripping of your overhead door
- dry using a soft piece of cloth
- use a pressure washer to rinse or clean your garage door
- use abrasive pads or tough clothes to prevent scratching
- use detergents with more than .5 percent phosphate
- mix detergents and bleach
There are many different tools you can use to clean your overhead door. Before you decide how you want to do it, make sure you read your products and see if they are safe to use on your garage door. All it takes is a simple wash and rinse for your door to continue looking beautiful for years to come. If you have any questions about products that you can use on your overhead door, feel free to call us at Modern Overhead Door and we will help you find the right product for your overhead door needs!
Modern Overhead Door has been installing overhead doors and overhead door openers since 1984. Contact us at call (920) 354-6887 for a free quote on how to add technology to your garage doors for your home or business around these Wisconsin cities and their surrounding areas: Appleton, Neenah, Oshkosh, Ripon, Kaukauna, or Fond du Lac. For years, we have been serving the Fox Valley area with garage door replacements, garage door installation, garage door openers, and all of your overhead door needs.